Drafting of the City Education Plan
Strategic and participatory tool to promote a change in the educational policy of Torrelles
A participatory process is a sequence of participatory activities (e.g. first filling out a survey, then making proposals, discussing them in face-to-face or virtual meetings, and finally prioritizing them) with the aim of defining and making a decision on a specific topic.
Examples of participatory processes are: a process of electing committee members (where candidatures are first presented, then debated and finally a candidacy is chosen), participatory budgets (where proposals are made, valued economically and voted on with the money available), a strategic planning process, the collaborative drafting of a regulation or norm, the design of an urban space or the production of a public policy plan.
The Educational Plan of the City of Torrelles de Llobregat was born with the aim of promoting a change in educational policy in order to deploy what is called the "educating city". The PEC must be the strategic and participatory instrument to make this possible. The starting point is a vision of education that goes beyond the school environment in a permanent learning process that considers the different agents involved in the educational process of the person.
The general objective of this project is to prepare the document that will include the strategic planning of educational policies in Torrelles de Llobregat in the coming years from the analysis of the educational reality, that is, from knowing what happens in the municipality in relation to education by making a comprehensive approach to the problems or needs identified by the different agents of the municipality as well as the causes they attribute to it.
- Analyze the educational policies that are developed in the municipality from the various areas of the council.
- Carry out the evaluation of educational policies in order to guide the new Plan according to the impacts obtained with the measures implemented.
- To know the educational reality of Torrelles from the analysis of the structural variables that condition it, of the contrast of the data of the municipality with those of the set of the region or the set of Catalonia when it is appropriate.
- Understand the subjective reality from the realization of discussion groups with the citizens of the municipality and of work groups with key agents of the territory.
- Develop a unique diagnosis that relates the problems or needs detected, the causes that have been identified from the various points of view, the resources available and the opportunities that arise in the municipality.
- Elaborate the design of the City Education Plan based on a participatory process that incorporates the vision of the citizens of Torrelles de Llobregat, and for which it is involved in the different services of the council and agents of the municipality.
- Make constant and attractive dissemination of the whole process and facilitate the return and exchange of information and promote the participation of all the agents involved and the group itself by promoting spaces for participation that promote its stability in the time after the completion of the document.