Consell Escolar Municipal
Consultation and participation body for all members of the educational community
A participatory committee is a group of members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Participatory committees hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this organ).
Examples: A general participatory committee (which meets once a year to define the organisation's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organisation), an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process) or a guarantee body (which collects incidents, abuses or proposals to improve decision-making procedures) are all examples of participatory committees.
The Municipal School Council of Torrelles de Llobregat is the advisory, consultation, proposal and participation body on any aspect of non-university education within the territorial scope of our municipality.
Its essential function is to issue opinions on the queries made by the City Council and, where applicable, the Department of Education, on the following issues:
a) The agreements and collaboration agreements with the Department of Education and the educational institutions and bodies that affect education within the scope of our municipality.
b) Municipal actions and regulations that affect complementary and extracurricular educational services with an impact on the operation of schools.
c) On the rules for the use of school facilities during non-school hours, in order to achieve maximum performance and to facilitate the opening of schools to their environment as an element of coexistence and social cohesion.
d) The criteria for the location, construction, renovation and maintenance of public schools in our municipality.
e) The priorities in the municipal programs and actions that affect the conservation, the surveillance and the suitable maintenance of the educational centers.
f) The educational conditions that affect non-university education and that the legislation grants to the municipalities.
g) The promotion of activities that tend to the improvement of the educational quality and the pedagogical renewal, in the frame of a Catalan school, active, democratic, scientific, critical, free, nondiscriminatory, when proposing activities to root the students in the village where they live and make known the cultural, historical and natural values of our municipality.
h) The development of compensatory actions to correct the inequalities derived from the social, economic and cultural context of the students, favoring the equality of opportunities between the students.
i) Other issues delegated by the City Council, as well as all those powers that the current legislation allows at any given time.
Purpose of action
- Ensure the consolidation of a local educational network that guarantees the right to education of all citizens and that is based on equality, equity and social justice, out of respect for diversity.
- Maintain a current of information, study and deliberation between the municipal administration and the different sectors of the school community on action planning and general problems that affect the schools in our municipality.
- Establish and guarantee a framework for the participation and contribution of the educational community in the actions and areas that affect education in our municipality.
- Foster the relationship and collaboration between the municipality and the educational community to achieve shared goals from cooperation and co-responsibility.
The Educational Community of the Municipal School Council of Torrelles is made up of students, families, teachers, administrative and service staff and representatives of the City Council. It will be made up of a minimum of members in accordance with the provisions of Decree 404/1987, of 22 December, with the following distribution:
- City council sector: 4 members
- Parents sector: 4 members
- Student sector: 4 members
- Teachers sector: 4 members
- Personal administration and services sector: 2 members
- Sector directors and owners of centers: 4 members
Likewise, in the CEM Torrelles it will be able to request the assistance, with voice and without vote, of technicians of the Area of Education or of other areas of municipal performance, of the Education Inspection of zone, representatives of Psychopedagogical Advisory Team (EAP), representatives of the County Council, as well as other people, whose opinions and knowledge may be considered important for the topic or topics to be addressed.